Transparent, mastering-grade compressor and brickwall limiter with EBU R128 / ITU-R BS.1770 compliant ISP/True-Peak limiting.
TB Barricade v4 is a simple yet very effective and transparent brickwall limiter that is suitable for individual tracks as well as mastering work. It supports digital input and output peak meters, RMS meters, and gain/attenuation meters, all with peak hold functionality. True peak / inter-sample peak (ISP) detection circuits can be enabled that are in line with EBU R-128, ATSC A/85 and ITU-R BS.1770 allow to generate true-peak compliant audio signals.
TB Barricade v4 provides various limiter modes that behave differently and can be used for creative or transparent limiting.
On top of the peak limiter, an peak compressor is included with adjustable ratio, threshold, attack and release times. This compressor uses the same advanced envelope tracking technology as used for the peak limiter, providing accurate and musically-sounding compression.
V3 vs V4 – what are the benefits of upgrading?
Barricade v4 was re-written from the ground up. What’s new in version 4 compared to version 3?
- Resizable user interface to fit double and quad-HD screen resolutions
- Colour themes to blend in almost any host
- VST3 support on Windows and Mac
- Native support for mono, quadro, 5.0 and 5.1 channel configuration
- 8x lower latency (128 samples instead of 1023 @ 44.1 kHz)
- All new soft-knee peak compressor module using advanced envelope followers
- 3 different limiter modes, using multi-band analysis / peak limiting
- Improved quality for short release times and bass-heavy content
- Full-automatic channel linking optimizing loudness while keeping spatial image intact
- Scrolling overview of input peak levels and gain across time
- Improved accuracy of true-peak computation
- Lower complexity audio DSP core (depending on settings up to 40% faster)
- Easier registration / activation process using activation code rather than a key file
- Copy and paste option between programs
- Support for high sampling rates up to 384 kHz
- Notification of availability of updates in the user interface
- Numerous other improvements ‘under the hood’
- Low latency processing (< 3 ms latency)*
- Fully resizable user interface supporting many color themes
- VST, VST3 and Audio Unit (Mac) versions
- Any sampling rate supported between 32 and 392 kHz
- Native support for mono, stereo, quad, 5.0 and 5.1 input (AU/VST3 version)
- Integrated, transparent soft-knee peak compressor
- EBU / ITU compliant True-Peak limiting (if enabled)
- Fully-automatic channel linking for the peak limiter
- Different liming modes for transparent or musical peak limiting
*The limiter introduces approximately 3 ms of latency that will be fully compensated by hosts that support plugin latency compensation
- Windows 7 SP1 or better
- 32 or 64-bit DAW host program supporting VST2 or VST3 plugins
- OSX 10.10 or better
- 32 or 64-bit DAW host program supporting Audio Units, VST2 or VST3 plugins
Please note that the following programs are currently not supported: Apple Final Cut Pro (X), Avid Pro Tools.