Add the warmth and punch of analog tape right within your audio workstation – with TB Ferox tape simulator plugin.
Let’s face it – with all the benefits of digital audio processing and recording (low noise, high dynamic range, virtually flat frequency response, low distortion) it is sometimes difficult to get that fuzzy vintage warmth. This is where TB Ferox comes in. It provides smooth compression and saturation that reminds one of the good old days of tape recording, and allows for additinonal feedback-delay effects, which makes it especially suitable to artistically enhance and enrich individual audio tracks.
- Almost zero-latency processing, allowing for studio and live operation
- Accurate control of compression, saturation and hysteresis character
- Analog-style VU (peak) meters for visual inspection of simulated recording levels
- User-selectable low-complexity or high-quality, oversampling mode
- Variable feedback level and delay to simulate analog echo devices
- Support of all sampling rates from 22 to 192 kHz
TB Ferox, and its cousin TB ReelBus
One might wonder what the difference is between TB Ferox and its more advanced cousin TB ReelBus:
- TB ReelBus is accurately modeled after tape recorders; TB Ferox consists of a more general and simpler tape saturation simulation.
- TB ReelBus has tape hiss and asperity noise models, these are not available in TB Ferox.
- TB ReelBus has a wide variety of tape models; TB Ferox has saturation and hysteresis controls that can work in 2 modes.
- Besides non-linear behavior, TB ReelBus also models certain spectral features of tape, such as the head bump.
- TB ReelBus has configurable pre- and post emphasis, not available in TB Ferox.
- TB ReelBus has wow and flutter simulation, this is not present in TB Ferox.
In general, TB Ferox has a lower CPU load and is therefore very suitable for individual tracks, while TB ReelBus fits better with busses and complete mixes (although it can sound pretty good on individual tracks as well).
Try & buy
Download free trial version bundle
[VST/AU; parameter saving disabled]
Order the TrackEssentials bundle
[To upgrade a trial to full version]