Authentic analog tape simulation plugin carefully modeled after legendary Japanese and Swiss reel-to-reel recorders.
TB ReelBus is an analog tape recording simulator that aims at accurate, authentic simulation of all properties related to tape, including its frequency and level dependent saturation, inter-modulation effects, bias dependencies, tape hiss, asperity noise, wow and flutter, and clipping of electronic circuitry. It is especially suitable for bus processing (including the master bus) to subtly sweeten and enhance the sound.
TB ReelBus contains several preset recorder simulations, which can be adjusted individually by offsetting the tape hiss, asperity noise, amount of spectrum and saturation processing, and alike.
TB ReelBus is probably the most accurate and authentic simulation of consumer and semi-professional reel-to-reel tape recorders available. Listen for yourself and see if you can identify which of the following audio excerpts is a simulation, and which ones are actual tape recordings. Four audio excerpts have been processed as follows:
- Original, unprocessed file;
- Real Studer Revox A77mk4 recording (7.5IPS);
- Simulated Studer Revox A77mk4 (7.5IPS);
- Real Teac A4300SX recording (7.5IPS);
- Simulated Teac A4300SX (7.5IPS)
All recordings and simulations were done at relatively hot signal levels to more clearly express non-linear behavior.
Listen closely to the saturation effects, and how background noise levels modulate with the instruments (for example with the kick drum).
To have a fair, unbiased trial, the simulations and real tape recordings have randomly been labeled (A) and (B). Can you figure out which is real and which is simulated in the excerpts below?
Audio excerpt 1
Audio excerpt 2
Audio excerpt 3
Audio excerpt 4
- Very low-latency processing (4 samples, compensated for by host) as a result of analog design
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 up to 192 kHz
- Adjustable record level with auto level makeup option
- Accurate simulation of existing reel-to-reel recorders with different tape speeds
- Adjustable tape hiss and asperity noise levels
- Adjustable tape spectrum and tape saturation
- Adjustable wow and flutter strength
- Option to amplify bias strength for overbiasing
- Simulation of both tape saturation as well as analog circuitry clipping
- Calibrated analog VU meters
- Each and every processing element carefully modeled after analog circuits and filters
- Complementary, adjustable pre- and de-emphasis in the spectral and spatial domains
- Windows 7 SP1 or better
- 32 or 64-bit DAW host program supporting VST2 plugins
- OSX 10.10 or better
- 32 or 64-bit DAW host program supporting Audio Units or VST2 plugins
Please note that the following programs are currently not supported: Apple Final Cut Pro (X), Avid Pro Tools.
Try & buy
Download free trial version bundle
[VST/AU; parameter saving disabled]
Order a registration key file
[To upgrade a trial to full version]